Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Now for the past week I've been doing mondo research!!! In my studies i found that most kids feel that there has been a dramatic change since our parents were in high school. its crazy because the teachers felt different, well at least most of them did. a social studies teacher told me that she thinks things are getting worse because the way kids got RAISED! when i talked to the teacher seemed real interested because she couldn't stop talking about the topic. she raised her head and looked at me and told me kids get raised to be how they are. (not actual word spoke but general idea). to a extent she right! adults to raise there children to protect them selves but maybe sometimes they take it to far. but also i feel that its the environment that you live in also which makes you the type of person you are. if you live somewhere that you have to protect yourself all the time you will be very defensive outside that area.

a English teacher told me that she feels nothing has changed just more people are aware of whats going on now. People aren't stupid well they can be but i highly doubt that allot of people weren't aware of the problems. involved parents would have knew and would of discussed it with he press or with the board of education just like parents do now. parents do that because that's how they were raised to take care of the child so i doubt that people weren't aware of what was going on!




Anonymous. Personal Interview interview. 05 02 2008.

Anonymous. Personal Interview interview. 05 04 2008.

4 comments:

Tashay said...

I strongly agree with you jessica.times have definately changed as far as how our generation acts as opposed to our parents generation.My mother constantly reminds me that she never had to go to funerals of her friends like i attended many of my friends funerals.

Mr. Malley said...

Jessica...I've read through your posts, and I need to see some improvement. Here's my thoughts:

1. You need to cite. Whom did you interview? How many people? How did you arrive at the conclusions you did? I need to see a parenthetical citation at the end of the blog post.

2. Proofread. There are tons of little cosmetic errors, like capitalization and punctuation, that plead for your attention.

3. Research - Talking to people is great, but your topic can't be done without searching for information as well. You can't rely on anecdotal evidence and surveys. You've got to back it up with studies.

Nicole S. said...

i do agree on what this post is a bout. Things have really changed. my dad always tell me the generation that we are in is very differentin a very bad way.

rae_rae said...

I agree that parents have alot to do with how kids grow up to be the way they are. When parents arent around alot and dont show alot of interest in their children they tend to get in more trouble. However when parents are over protective and dont let their children breathe a little, the kid might just get in trouble to spite them. Their should be a balance between the two.