Friday, April 18, 2008

why is it that young girls are increasing the numbers for teen pregnancy's?

Reality hit me September 2004 as i entered McKinley high school.Looking around at all of the big round bellies made questions such as how can she do it?,how does her family feel?,and is the father of her baby participating in raising the child.I always knew that teen pregnancy rates were high but with within the last four years of my life it seems as if it got even higher.In fact a couple of months into my freshman year my best friend from elementary school called me with concern in her voice and said that she needed to talk to me immediately about this problem she was having.So i went to her house later on that night and she told me that she had sex for the first time about two months ago and has not had a period since,she went to the doctors and that was the day that changed her life.I asked her what she was thinking and she began to cry saying "I don't know what to do". This incident made me realize that this is very serious and that it could happen to me.

No comments: