Wednesday, April 23, 2008

does the generation of my parents differ from generation of today?

I became interested in my topic when i took my entrance exam at ECC! It was a essay question on the test that cought my eye. Im begining to do reseach such as interviews with my parents and with kids from my generation.My major queston that i want to find more bout is "Does the generation of my parents differ from the generaton of today?" To me it seems like the respect for adults and the issues of todays generation is worse then how it was years ago.The gang violence and how people talk to the parents/other adults around them have became more of a issue then ever before. Back then they knew the value of a dollar. Now-a-days ypung adults stand on corners for hours and sometmes days at a time trying to make money to suvive. Now dont get me wrong, issues did occur that still happen today, i just feel as if everything is getting worse then how it was, and if it keeps increasing its not gonna be safe for kids to walk down the street or to neighborhood store. Thats rediculous!!

The difference in the violence level increased so much and thats what drew me into the subject. My friends and I often talk about why things are the way they are. Everything is a choice people choice if they want to carry a gun or to hurt/violate another person. I dont know to much about the subject but after i talk to more adults and get results from the surveys i can come up with a better conclusion. i try to think of reasons why some much has changed in 15-20 years. It seems almost unbelievable. Its crazy how dramtic people are today!

No comments: