Friday, December 14, 2007

Queezy =O

Certain parts of the book made me very uncomfortable. The book described how disgusting, drunk, smelly old men would come and have sex with Nakshimi. The way she lived was unbearable. There was a corner which was the "bathroom". Also if a girl tried to escape they would shave her head leaving a bald spot to show how unworthy they were. Woman there are beat constantly.

I felt very nautious thinking about it. It made me sick thinking this really happens in the real world. Some woman survive and some don't. Or they are never rescued. It gives me an image of little girls being raped by men old enough to be there grandfather. It is disgusting and they should go to hell!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Mr. Malley said...

That is quite disturbing. I haven't seen it, but I heard there is a great documentary called Born into Brothels that looks into this social problem.